In this episode of The Baggage Reclaim Sessions, I give a preview of what’s ahead, sharing a little of where my head is at with Baggage Reclaim and my mission to help people Reclaim themselves from their emotional baggage. It’s basically my manifesto for ‘season 3’ and beyond and I’m really excited.
- The importance of closing the gap between what we say we want, who we say we are, and what we’re actually being and doing – our happiness lies in the space where that gap is getting smaller.
- Why we’re expecting too much of ourselves when we expect to land into adulthood having everything figured out.
- How we’re not aware of how our past is informing what we’re doing right now and how the things we do on autopilot and the pain we experience from our patterns, are there to wake us up to the knowledge that what we’re doing is not who we are and that there is a different way.
- What it was that prompted me to start Baggage Reclaim and why my desire to help people overcome their pasts and to become more emotionally available is so important to me.
- Why there isn’t any need to ‘build a new you’ from scratch and that moving forward is really about moving some baggage out of the way so that you can see you more clearly.
- Why there’s no need to be perfect or for us to get rid of ‘all’ of our emotional baggage.
Links and other mentions from the episode
- Episode 81 and 80 where I talk about grief, family and being myself despite everything that is going on
- Being over-responsible since childhood and how exhausted we can feel when we’re now having to be responsible adults
- The term ‘thick skin and an elastic heart’ is from Sia’s song by the same name
- Clarity sessions and coaching
- Blogtacular and my closing keynote from 2014
If you enjoyed the show, please share the episode – every little helps. Email someone who you think this show is relevant to or use the share buttons at the top and bottom of this episode.
Subscribe and/or leave a review on iTunes (how-to guide here)–it really helps in growing the show! If you’re new to podcasts, find out more about what they are and how to subscribe with this handy guide.
Listener questions can be emailed to podcast AT baggagereclaim DOT com. Got a topic you’d love me to cover? Let me know!