When I was single, one of the most irritating things to deal with was the inane question “Why are you still single?”. Now that I’m in a relationship, people have switched to the even more irritating “Why aren’t you married yet?”. I’m sure when I do get married, people will find something else to bug me about, but in the mean time Gayla McCord over at one of my favourite blogs Dating Dames gives you some choice replies to the marriage issue…
1. You haven’t asked yet.
2. I was hoping to do something meaningful with my life.
3. What? And spoil my great sex life?
4. Why aren’t you thin yet?
5. Because I just love hearing this question.
6. Just lucky, I guess.
7. It gives my mother something to live for.
8. My fiance is awaiting his/her parole.
9. I’m still hoping for a shot at Miss/Mr. America.
10. Do you know how hard it is to get two tickets to Miss Saigon?
Read the rest here